ARCADE is a continuation of the MAMEUIFX project. It is based on the latest MAME source at the time of release.
It is in maintenance only (no active development of new features).
What's in it?
- Arcade games only
- NO mechanical games (pinball, crane games, etc)
- NO poker, fruit, slot or gambling games
- NO computers, consoles, terminals, appliances, etc
- NO games that display a black screen (skeleton drivers etc)
Very quick guide to installing it:
- Download ARCADE from here, and extract the contents into a new folder.
- Double-click arcade64.exe (or arcade32.exe), it will prepare itself, then start up
- Adjust the directory and default game settings as appropriate
- Select a game and double-click it
You can compile your own binary whenever you wish by downloading the source from Github, and then compiling with the official MAME tools, while specifying SUBTARGET=arcade OSD=winui.
If you don't like compiling, we make an official release shortly after MAME is released.
Do NOT report any problems to Mametesters.
The latest release is 0.193 (2017-12-27).
- You can right-click on a game and get the contents of the "info" panel into Notepad. This lets you have both the game and the notes on the screen at the same time.
- The download is now a full package with all needed files. There's no need to download MAME as well.
- Included 17 bonus glsl shaders, thanks to Mamesick.
- The definition of what games are included has been refined, so there's a number of extra games added.
All downloads are for Windows only. Win7 and later are supported. May run on XP. Compiled with GCC 5.3.0
Source is provided as a license requirement only; there's no guarantee that it will compile.
. The logo was created by JacKc.