ARCADE is a continuation of the MAMEUIFX project. It is based on the latest MAME source at the time of release.
It is in maintenance only (no active development of new features).
What's in it?
- - Arcade games only
- - NO pinball
- - NO poker games
- - NO gambling games
- - NO systems that require software, such as computers and consoles
- - If all the games of a specific source file are not functional, then they are removed.
Very quick guide to installing it:
- Download the official MAME from MAMEdev, and extract all the files into a new folder
- Download ARCADE from here, and extract it into the folder containing mame.exe (from above)
- Double-click arcade64.exe (or arcade32.exe), it will prepare itself, then start up
- Adjust the directory and default game settings as appropriate
- Select a game and double-click it
You can compile your own binary whenever you wish by downloading the source from Github, and then compiling with the official MAME tools, while specifying SUBTARGET=arcade OSD=winui.
If you don't like compiling, we make an official release shortly after MAME is released.
Do NOT report any problems to Mametesters. Any issues can be reported at the ARCADE forum at 1emulation.com.
Please note that support is limited to builds downloaded at one of the links here. If you built it yourself, or downloaded from another site, you're on your own.
The latest release is 0.185 (2017-04-26).
All downloads are for Windows only. Win7 and later are supported. May run on XP. Compiled with GCC 5.3.0
Source is provided as a license requirement only; there's no guarantee that it will compile.
. The logo was created by JacKc.